Among the main reasons for businesses to fail is insufficient capital. Net working capital is obtained by subtracting current liabilities from the current assets. Did you know that there are four accounts that are regarded as very crucial for working capital management?
1. Cash. This is what pays your bill; hence, make sure that you have sufficient cash to get though all your sales cycle. The inability to pay loans, bills or other expenses can definitely put a lot of pressure on a business. You will surely improve your working capital if you focus on cash generation without adding anything on your liabilities.
2. Inventory. This is an operational balance that businesses must strike on a case-by-case basis. Due to the fact that business greatly rely on their stocks to make a profit, inventories are very important.
3. Accounts Payable. This refers to what you owe to your suppliers. Sooner or later, you must pay them. The type of financing option you choose will determine the terms of your accounts payable.
4. Accounts Receivables. This refers to the amount of money your customers owe you. In today’s very tough economy, efficient accounts receivable management tools are very crucial to reduce delinquent accounts. If you follow some practical actions, this will help give you a significant boost.
Trivia Info Resource: www.business.hsbc.co.om
Over the hundred years, the resume changed drastically that have passed since the official resume in 1482 was created by Leonardo da Vinci. This was originally a type of letter of introduction but it is now the most important portion of a recruitment process.
After which, resumes started to become an institution. In 1930, it was just used for formalities sake wherein most of them were written on scraps over lunch with employers. And in 1950, resumes are no longer just formalities because they are now expected.
Here comes the digital age. In 1970, digital typesetting and word processors made resume more salesy and professional. In the 1980s, the first VHS portfolios are used and recorded, online checks began as well, and fax machines became a great way of sending resumes.
In 1994, the Internet goes public. In 1995, email became a new way of sending a resume. 2002 marked the beginning of Optima Resume.
Moreover, video resumes smashed YouTube in 2007. And in 2008, resume objectives are already out. Position statements and summaries are in. LinkenIn has dominated employment and networking and personal branding through SEO and keywords become a worry.
Today, resumes contain various social media links already. However, they are now shorter but with more multimedia and visuals. Infographic resumes and Digital CVs are now trending.
Other Interesting Resume Facts
- Generally, prospective employers spent about 15-20 seconds reviewing a resume for the first time.
- In today’s competitive job market, a professionally prepared resume will boost the success rate of getting interviewed by your chosen employer.
- Also, a professional prepared resume will just cost about 0.01% of your salary for the first year.
Trivia Info Resource: infinity-staffing.biz
Perhaps you have heard about tent, marquee or canopy. But do you know their differences?
Tent – This is a temporary structure that has a covering made of a pliable membrane, which is supported by such mechanical means as metal frames, poles, columns, ropes, beams, cables, or arches.
Tensile Tent – This is a temporary fabric structure that will share characteristics with the pole-supported tent. However, it relies more on the tensioning of the fabric roof for its structural shape and integrity. Tensioned fabric must be used to resist applied loads as well as to shape the fabric membrane, which further means that there will be less traditional support structures required.
Tensile Structure – This is a permanent fabric structure that will rely on the tensioning of the fabric roof for its structural shape and integrity. This is otherwise known as a tension structure.
Temporary Structure – This is any structure like a tent that will be placed for a maximum of 180 consecutive days. It varies depending on the individual building codes.
Canopy – This is an architectural fabric projection that will provide weather protection, decoration or identity. This is ground-support apart from being supported by the building where the canopy is attached. This term will also refer to a small tent, an awning or a tent with no sidewalls.
Marquee – This is a canopy that projects over a doorway or entrance. This is also the term used to describe a connecting canopy between 2 tents.
Trivia Info Resource: nofusseventhire.com.au
Logos – what comes into your mind when you think of it? Do you instantly recall a product or a brand? That is actually the power of a logo. It allows a business owner to distinguish its products from thousands of other brands.
The word “logo” came from the word “logos”, which means “word”. The Greeks used it to get their concealed messages across rulers or kings. Furthermore, ancient Greek and Roman coins showcase monograms of their kings. The Chinese, Babylonian, Assyrian, Mayan and Egyptian cultures likewise made use of pictograph for communicating their ideas. These pictographs are indeed referred to as ancient logos.
Did you know that branding is centuries old. Before, farmers have no way of identifying their cattle. Hence, they imprinted signs on their cattle with the use of hot iron stamps. Ancient Egyptians have actually branded their domestic animals with hieroglyphs to mark their ownership. The Ancient Greeks and Romans, on the other hand, marked their pottery in order to identify the manufacturer.
During the Industrial Revolution, logo design and branding became intense. Businesses began embracing the branding culture. With the advent of technology, logo design became very popular.
Logo Design & Branding Today
The present age of logo design and branding rooted in 1950s. The Chase Logo made by Chermayeff & Geismar in 1960 paved way for the modern logo design. Nowadays, designers are using the latest technologies. They also include graphics in order to churn out extraordinary logo designs that will definitely take your breath away. Indeed, businesses today can’t just afford to ignore the power of logo design.
Trivia Info Resource: www.peak-online.com.hk
The job of a recruiter is never dull. They deal with different people in various industries. It is indeed necessary for them to equip themselves with the latest trends in terms of staffing, recruiting and employment.
Recruiting Facts In 2016
Mobile has become the most used medium by jobseekers. Did you know that 41% of jobseekers search for jobs while they are in bed? 38% search during their commute, 18% while they are in a restroom, and 30% when they are at work.
Social media is becoming the go-to for candidates and recruiters. Around 65% of recruiters make use of Facebook in recruiting. As for the candidates, 79% are most likely to use social media in their job search.
Jobseekers are taking a lot of time making their resumes. But did you know that it only takes 5-7 seconds for the recruiters to look at a resume? Around 76% of resumes are discarded because of an unprofessional email address.
Though an average length of an interview is 40 minutes, around 33% of 2000 surveyed bosses said that they know within the first 90 second if they’ll hire that candidate. Among the reasons for this include failure to make eye contact, little or no knowledge of the company, bad posture, and applicants were too trendy or fashionable.
When it comes to evaluating employers, there are actually 3 things that matter most to Millenials. These include retirement benefits, growth opportunities, and work culture.
Trivia Info Resource: wearessg.com
When planning an event, one of the most important things that most organizers worry about is keeping the interest of the audience. It can be really a challenge to catch the attention of your audience and keep them interested in your event. Hence, hiring an event presenter is a very logical move.
– Hiring an event presenter will ensure you get your message across your target audience. An event presenter aims to let all your guests know just what you want to know. He may have some other stories to tell to make the event a little more interesting but he always makes sure that the audience will know what they need to know.
– Hiring an event presenter saves you time and effort. Instead of keeping yourself busy with all the preparations as host of an event, why not hire a professional event presenter so you can focus on other important tasks?
– Hiring an event presenter helps you avoid awkward moments during the event. An event presenter is witty and creative. He knows just exactly what to do when it comes keeping an event lively and energy-filled.
Trivia Info Resource: hishamwyne.com
It truly feels great to be in a clean home, however, many of us overlook cleaning certain items at home, which can literally make us sick. Such things as carpet, upholstery, and curtains all hold dirt and grim along with dirt mites and germs. Even if you are the cleanest housekeeper in the world, you cannot rid your home of the odors and germs that find their way deep into the fabrics of these items.
The best way to ensure these items are cleaned properly is by hiring residential cleaning services. A service like this can include cleaning not only the interior of your home such as the bathrooms and carpet, but they can also include window cleaning, curtain cleaning, and upholstery cleaning. Once you have all of these items cleaned professionally, you will notice a clean and fresh odor, which will not only make you, smile, but will give your home a healthier environment.
Professional cleaning companies in Abu Dhabi can ensure that every corner of your home is spotless including the windows from your observant mother in law who likes to look behind everything for that little speck of dirt. They will be able to give your home the sparkle it needs while giving it that fresh and clean look and smell.
Info Trivia Resource: http://leedscleanservices.com/