Based on the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame, evidence of bowling items were discovered by a British anthropologist in the 1930s. But it was in 1940 that indoor bowling lanes were made in New York City. In 1905, the wooden balls were substituted by rubber ones. In 1950, bowling made its television debut. In 1952, automatic pin spotters were introduced – and this has led to the decline of pin boys.
In 1983, Bill Allen became the first bowler to be inducted into the PBA Hall of Fame. But the most famous PBA bowler is Walter Ray Williams. He actually got the high score and the fan club to prove it. Kelly Kulick, on the other hand, became the first woman to win a title on the PBA tour in 2010.
Based on the Guinness World Records, the home of the largest bowling alley in the world is Japan. The Grand bowling centre has 116 lanes. The second largest is in Las Vegas, Nevada. Reno, Nevada, on the other hand, is the home to a bowling stadium.
1. Turkey – This refers to 3 strikes in a row.
2. Ham Bone – This is one better with 4 strikes in a row.
3. Wild Turkey – This refers to lucky strike series to 6 in a row.
4. Gold Turkey – This refers to 9 strikes in a row.
5. Duece – This is a game of 200 or more.
Trivia Info Resource: www.zsc.ae