Your emotions will have a powerful effect on your skin. Due to the fact that stress is a part of life, what matters most is how you handle it. Indeed, stress can affect your skin.
Stress And Your Skin
Stress will cause a chemical response in your body which makes your skin reactive and sensitive. Also, it makes it harder for skin problems to heal. Perhaps you noticed that when you are stressed, you break out more. The reason behind this is that stress causes your body to produce hormones like cortisol, which increases oil production. Bear in mind that oily skin is more prone to skin problems like acne.
Apart from that, stress can also worsen skin problems and interfere with day-to-day skin care. And since skin problems are stressful, this can aggravate the problem.
How To Reduce The Effects Of Stress
- Do not neglect your skin – Even when you are stressed or tired, you must take care of your skin.
Do something you enjoy – Consider reading an article or taking a bath even when you have limited time.
- Get regular exercise – This is not only good for your skin but also for your body. You can actually just take a walk around the block.
- Get enough sleep – It is ideal for you to have 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Employ stress management techniques – These include yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, or visual imagery.
Speak up – You can talk to someone or perhaps get support from a friend or a professional.
- Learn to say no – Be reminded that there are times when you need to set limits and boundaries in order to lower your stress.
Trivia Info Resource: www.medicalvillage.ae