Dentists today say that it is very important not only to treat their patients with the highest possible care but also teach them about proper oral health so that they can be empowered to live a better, healthier life.
Fun Facts You Must Know About Your Teeth
- Do you know the hardest part of your entire body? It is actually the enamel on the top surface on your tooth.
- Even before you were born, teeth started to form. Baby teeth start to form when baby is still in the womb; however, they only come out if the child reaches the age of 6-12 months.
- In the entire lifespan of humans, they only have 2 sets of teeth – baby teeth and permanent teeth. Hence, after your permanent teeth have erupted, you must take good care of them.
- Did you know that no 2 people have similar set of teeth? Teeth are as unique as your fingerprint. This is why forensics sometimes uses dental records to identify unidentifiable dead individuals.
- Do you know how much saliva a person can produce in a lifetime? Your mouth can actually produce more than 25,000 quarts of saliva which is sufficient to fill 2 swimming pools. Saliva helps in your digestion as well as protects your teeth from bacterial infection.
- Are you aware of the 4 different types of teeth humans have? They are actually molars, pre-molars, canine and incisors. They are used to cut, tear and grind food.
- Underneath your gums, one third of your tooth is embedded. This further means that only two thirds of the total length of your tooth is visible.
Trivia Info Resource: www.ngreendental.com