Wood is one of the most common materials used for home improvement and construction. There are many different types of wood, but there are only a few that are hard enough for home improvement use. Below are some of the hardest woods in the whole world.
– Quebracho. This wood’s name is from the Spanish words “quebrar hacha” which means axe breaker. This is indeed the hardest wood and the heaviest one as well.
– Lignum Vitae. This is one of the most endangered woods in the whole world. Verawood is an accepted substitute for this kind of wood.
– Gidgee. This is found only in Australia. This wood is known to be very hard and very strong which is also often compared to ebony.
– Snakewood. This is named snakewood mainly because of the markings and patterns which looks the same as those of snakes. This is one of the most in demand woods on earth.
– Verawood. This is one practical choice for many home owners as this wood is among the hardest but it is really not that expensive as compared to other hard woods.
Trivia Info Resource: www.hennesseyllc.com