Many people today see trucks as life-savers. From its original design which is to help deliver goods, it is now well appreciated for delivering foods now that it has been turned into food trucks. Indeed, it is a life-saver especially for people who need to immediately address their hunger pangs and quench their thirst. But there are more to trucks than just being food trucks. Take for instance the facts listed below.
- Did you know that the automotive industry produce more than one million trucks for the first time in 1941? A large number of these trucks were used in the military in response to the World War II.
- Did you know that over 880 trucks formed and hit the road to earn the World’s Largest Truck Convoy by Guinness Book of World Records? This is to raise funds for the Special Olympics.
- Did you know that three-fourths of the American communities depend on trucking to deliver goods and services? Because of the truck’s efficiency, almost everyone, not just American communities, depend on trucks.
- Did you know that one out of every 14 U.S. jobs is employed in the trucking industry? According to research, there are more than nine million people who are employed in the trucking industry.
- Did you know how much space the truck needs in order to come to a full stop? According to trucking industries, trucks need the length of a football field to come to a full stop.
Trucks may not look as glamorous as sports cars but surely they have served its purpose on a lot of times and is still is until today.
For tips on buying used trucks, check out this post.